Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
The Expert Exam is now live online! Read about the specifics and what it took to bring it to life in the blog by our very own Elizabeth Bonnell!

Dealing with multiple urls in batch macro

Highlighted
7 - Meteor
Hi Team, I am new to alteryx, I am having multiple URLs and calling them in batch macro,but same URL is calling multiple times hence duplicate data is being loaded and taking almost 3 hrs to load around 150 URLs which has 28 records in each.Please help me how to avoid this.
Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @Sandya_s02 ,

Is it possible for you to share a sample workflow in order for me to see where the multiplication is happening?

Best,

Fernando V.

Highlighted
7 - Meteor
Thanks for your prompt reply.sorry to say that we ate not supposed to send our workflows. Could you please tell me how batch will work and any configuration is required to avoid reading the same url multiple times.Thanks in advance. I will talk to my team if I can send workflows.
Highlighted

Hi @Sandya_s02 ,

One thing that could be multiplying your database is how you are using your control parameter in your batch macro.

By definition, in a batch macro, your macro will run one time for each line of data entering from the control parameter input.

Please take a look in these examples to see the influence of a control parameter in a batch macro and let me know if that helped you.

Best,

Fernando V.

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx
Are the URLs being fed in via a macro input or a control parameter? Are you saying that some of the 150 URLs are duplicates? It could be as easy as just using a unique tool before the macro if this is the case, or it may have to do with how you set up the inputs.
Highlighted
7 - Meteor
My version is not supporting to download the workflow.
Highlighted
7 - Meteor
If possible send me the screenshots. Thanks in advance.
Highlighted
7 - Meteor
Through macro input and no duplicate URLs. Thanks.
Highlighted

Hi @Sandya_s02 ,

See if you can open these.

Best,

Fernando V.

Highlighted
7 - Meteor
Yes...I am able to open. My case is as your macro 2..example if I am running with 2 lines ..totally 4 times it is loading data. I have connected the same input for both inputs in batch macro.that is the reason for calling same url multiple times. How can I avoid this..shall I use dummy input with value as one...so same URLs will be passed through macro? If I have to use control parameter how shod I set up ?
Labels