Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Deactivation license via command line

bennyt
5 - Atom

Hi everyone,

I had a question regarding deactiviation of licenses via the command line on Windows.  I am currently using the following documentation as reference: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Licensing-Series-Part-2-Installing-Licenses/...

I see the command SrcLicenseManager (which I found out via tech support is now actually AlteryxLicenseManager.exe) and we run it with the option "/DeactivateLicenses" along with parameter <logfile>.  Where exactly is the parameter <logfile> suppose to point to? Can you provide me with a path or location?

Thanks so much for your help!

Benny

3 REPLIES 3
KevinP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@bennyt The <logfile> parameter takes/expects a path to a file in order to output log information for the command. This can be any location on the local machine. For example if you issue the command:

C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin>AlteryxLicenseManager.exe /DeactivateLicenses C:\temp\license.log

This will deactivate all licenses on the machine and output the results of the command to a log file in your temp folder. If you use just a filename instead of a complete path it will create the log in the current working directory.

bennyt
5 - Atom

Thanks, is this the same command for offline deactivation? 

KevinP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@bennyt Currently this is the only command line option to remove or deactivate a license. It does remove licenses activated via license keys or license files. This would include license files activated offline. However, with offline activated licenses you may need to contact our fulfillment team to release the license on our end so it can be reapplied if the license manager can't communicate with our servers to release the license. 

Labels