Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Datetime formula

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Hello all,

I am trying to built a flow that is pulling data daily. I only want today's date to pull when the data comes in so I'm trying to build a formula to do that. I am using the DataTimeFormat functions of now. Not sure how to input the data to only get today's date though.  Any suggestions?Thank you in advance. 

Highlighted
12 - Quasar

Hi @Plewis1 ,

You  can use filter tool  to  include  only  current data .   In filter  you  can use  custom filter  and  enter 

date_column (  column with current date in table)  =  DateTimeToday()  

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Hi Benakesh,

That worked. Thank you very much. 

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Okay I looked at the data in the output tool, I noticed it still has all dates. I'm needing it to just pull today's date. In the formula tool I did [field name]=DataTimeNow(). What am I doing wrong? Thank you

8 - Asteroid

Also I might add this flow runs everyday. So the date will need to be todays date for everyday it runs. 

Highlighted
12 - Quasar

The formula tool  creates/updates  fields .  The filter tool can  include/exclude  data.  

Can you include  workflow  and/or   sample  input and output data ? 

Highlighted
9 - Comet

@Plewis1 make sure the date field in your workflow is coming across as a date data type along with the DateTimeNow() field that you're creating in a formula tool. In the filter tool you'll have to use a custom filter similar to what I created in the sample workflow attached here. Hope this helps!

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

I don't have the new version of Alteryx Designer. I think that is why it's not giving me the option to use Date Fixed. 

Highlighted
9 - Comet

@Plewis1  Date Fixed is a field that I created in my example since the text input had to be converted to a date. If you follow my example though and create a DateTimeNow field with the formula tool and compare that to the dates that are coming through your workflow via a filter tool you'll be able to keep what you want ([YourDateField]=[DateTimeNow]). If you're still running into issues maybe you can attach a sample of your workflow?

Labels