Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dates are incorrect after using summarize function

afarmer
5 - Atom

For some reason, I'm losing all of my unique date data and it's replaced with 2021-01-01 when i'm utilizing the summarize tool-group by function. I would expect that like data would be aggregated, not over-written with a generic date repeated down every row of data. Between the two nodes, there is no difference in record numbers.

Thoughts on why this happens and how I can fix it? (the field is a date field and not a string, thought this may have been the issue but did not fix my problem)

5 REPLIES 5
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@afarmer 
Can you provide a snapshot for the configuration of Summarize tool?

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@afarmer Please share the summarize tool configuration too. And please check if in configuration you are using group by on TranDate and other field to be aggregated on some function.

Sapna Gupta
DataNath
17 - Castor

@afarmer have you placed a Browse tool on the canvas after your Summarize and double checked that all records now have that 2021-01-01 date? Without knowing more details or seeing the workflow, my suspicion is that you’re using AMP engine and therefore the Summarize has sorted the data so 2021-01-01 (again, guessing this is your earliest date) are all showing first and therefore it looks like this is the only date now without a bit more of a look through.

afarmer
5 - Atom

I've attached a snap of the configuration. Doing a group by on each field.

afarmer
5 - Atom

@DataNath Yes I have a browse tool after my summarize step, i sorted and filtered the tran_date field to check if there are any other dates. Every row is 2021-01-01.

Labels