Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

DateTimeFormat and Action Tool

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Hey Guys.

I Am trying to attach an action tool to a filter tool, in which uses a formula to substitute and format the date.

It does work, however I have no knowledge in trying to identify and apply the correct column that should be filtered.

Here is how it works:

Joker_Hazard_0-1657118710554.png

Joker_Hazard_0-1657118844724.png

Formula: DateTimeFormat([#1],'%Y-%m-%d','Português')

Column that should be filtered: DATA_LIQUIDACAO

Joker_Hazard_1-1657118769593.png

5 REPLIES 5
Robin_McIntosh
11 - Bolide

Are you looking to apply the filter on the selected date (once formatted)?

Robin_McIntosh_0-1657118941019.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Can you add a select tool before the filter - are you sending in only a date or a datetime? My hypothesis would be this isn't an action tool issue - but your underlying dataset is datetime prior to the filter so it's datetime coming out of the filter. If this was just a date it would be working correctly (or mostly correctly)...

One thing to note is that you are trying to compare what is presumably a date (data_liquidicao) to a string (the results of datetimeformat) - which may also be causing a problem. - you should be using a trim instead.

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Yep @Robin_McIntosh 

I have to use custom in action tool because I cannot add a "replace string". 

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

I've tried changing to date or strings and the result is the same, the filter is not applied.

My dataset has two dates only, 29th and 30th, both of them filter as True if I filter 30th on calendar app.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Joker_Hazard you can find an example in the  Date interface tool - which is very similar to your use case

binuacs_0-1657127598119.png

Labels