Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

DateTime calculation bug

Dazzerman
11 - Bolide

Hi all,

After figuring out a way to carry out a calculation involving a DateTime field and a Time field, which I thought would be more straightforward than it was, I ran into another problem.  If you take a look at the attached screenshot, you will see that the Interval field calculates correctly as the value 10, as well as the subsequent Temp field result adding 10 seconds, but in the Output highlighted in Red in the Browse at the bottom of the page shows zero and the related 10 seconds are missing.  How is this possible?

I have experienced this bug in version 2020.4.5.12471 as well as 2021.2.1.35394.

Is there a fix and / or workaround for this?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Dazzerman 

I am not convinced TempDate and TempTime are showing the same in the result window. 

atcodedog05_0-1632162651368.png

And i don't agree with the TempTime calculation it seems off🤔. Can you change TempDate datatype to Date only. Can you provide this worfklow.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Dazzerman 

I agree with @atcodedog05 

In toying around I think if you change TempDate to just Date type instead of DateTime it should work. 

Dazzerman
11 - Bolide

Thanks guys!

Changing the type of TempDate to Date fixed the problem.

Labels