Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Don't forget to submit your entry for the Excellence Awards by October 30! | Need more information about the program? Check out the blog here

DateTime Tool | Opportunity to Participate in Alteryx UX Research!

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

Yes, I second what @ram_neel said.  that is always asked for.

Also, it would be awesome to enter a fiscal year start date and have the tool output the fiscal quarter.  A lot of times people are manipulating dates just to get at the fiscal quarter.

Highlighted

@Dynamomo  That makes sense. Thank you for that feedback!

Lauren Purkhiser | UX Researcher
lauren.purkhiser@alteryx.com
Highlighted
10 - Fireball

Hi @laurenpurkhiser , survey complete! - any discussions around designer supporting milliseconds in future releases?

Highlighted

Hi @AndrewS, you are definitely not the first user I have had request for Alteryx to support milliseconds. I will bring this feedback to the UX team and make sure its captured as we look at the future of the DateTime tool! Thank you so much for taking the survey, user feedback like yours is crucial in us continuing to develop user focused products!  

Highlighted

@laurenpurkhiser - survey completed! In addition to the points mentioned by others, I would like to request the ability to change date formats for multiple columns at one go, e.g. if my data has order, ship and delivery dates with the same format, changing them using a single datetime tool would be helpful.  

Highlighted

This is great feedback @AbhilashR , thank you for sharing! 

Highlighted

Thank you to everyone who participated! Your feedback and participation are so crucial in us making user driven decisions about our products. We have reached our target number of responses for this survey so we are closing it so that we can begin analyzing all of the great feedback that was collected!

There will be more opportunities to participate in future UX research so watch for the Alteryx UX Research team's posts!

Best,

Lauren

Highlighted
10 - Fireball

True that @ram_neel . Totally needed when you are working with more than 30-40 columns , saves time and effort to find the new field which generally is captured at the end of the table. 

+++ 2000 for this idea. 

what do you say @ydmuley @AbhilashR 

Highlighted
11 - Bolide

@SubratDas5  - Totally agree mate ! 

Labels