Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Date to File Name

dkma
8 - Asteroid

How to add the Month Name, to file name with out using a Formula , or without including it in the File Data. 

Kindly Help

9 REPLIES 9
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @dkma 

I dont think so its possible without formula tool. You need formula tool to prepare the filename.

dkma
8 - Asteroid

Ofcourse I agree!, But I dont want that column to be in the file data

phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @dkma ,

I think this will be challenging without using some sort of formula option. Can you explain why this isn't an option?

For the second part of your question, you can accomplish this by unselecting the "Keep Field in Output" option on the Output Data tool:

phottovy_0-1630341798240.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @dkma 

@phottovy  covered it to not keep filename in data just uncheck "keep field in data" option in output tool.

atcodedog05_0-1630342038711.png

Hope this helps : )

dkma
8 - Asteroid

Hello @phottovy 

Confidential!, But we directly send the file to some other team with in our org, If we include one extra column in the file, They'll cry and shout. 😛 😛 :p. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

I can relate to that @dkma especially when it looks like something cryptics 🤣

phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I can definitely relate to that as well. Did this give you what you need? If so, can you mark the solution as completed so others may find it?

dkma
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, The Excel file name is not changing!, the sheet name inside an excel sheet is getting changed!

phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Take a look at this post: Solved:Dynamically change file name and output to different tabs 

It has an example that updates both the filenames and sheet names inside each file.

Labels