Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date time calculation with hundreds of days

GoldenDesign04
8 - Asteroid

I have two data sets with date/time (sort of, more on that later) that I need to compare and check to see if the new data and the reference table time are correct or if they're not in sync. If they're not in sync then they need to be passed on for investigation.

Here is the scenario:

New data

Unique IDTimeDifference
AAAA1860:00:33:18
BBBB0:16:00:45
CCCC0:00:10:14
DDDD0:00:00:45

Reference Table

UniqueIDKnownDifference
AAAA15
BBBB35
DDDD20

New Data comes in always as a String and represents days:hours:mins:secs in a dddd:hh:mm:ss

Reference data is a integer represents seconds

I need a way to convert both to a format where they can be compared. Mainly looking for anything >= 2 second difference from the reference table. But with it stretching into days and sometimes kicking out over a thousand days! I need to account for those too.

2 REPLIES 2
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Can you post a desired output for the Example? @GoldenDesign04 

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @GoldenDesign04,

If I am understanding your data and explanation correctly, you are comparing the total seconds in TimeDifference with the KnownDifference and looking for any difference >= 2 seconds.  If this is correct, then I wouldn't convert anything into DateTime, but just convert TimeDifference into seconds as per the attached workflow.DateTimeCalc.png

Labels