Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date range and list/tree interface

DavidOliverChapman
7 - Meteor

Hi Community

I am have a workflow (followers of my many other questions will conclude it is the same dataset and workflow) which takes a large dataset and outputs three summaries of the data. 

The output shows property transaction volumes. The outputs are "transactions by buyer country", "transactions by seller country", transactions by location of property"

At the moment (see the container in the workflow below) the output defaults to the most recent four quarters and to "all geographies". What I would like is for the user to have three options:

1. to select a date range (date interface?), but this would default to "most recent four quarters" if the calendar was not adjusted;

2. to select the continent geography (ie. Europe, North America etc.). If this were not changed, it would default to "all continents)

3. to select the location geography (ie. France, United States, United Kingdom". If this were not chanced, it would default to "all countries" within a continent.

I have a list of geographies and locations which I can use as an input for 2 and 3.

Is this possible? I can see how the date range would work, but I wonder how I would have it default to a changing date range. Also, is it possible (in the case of 2 and 3) to have a list/checkbox/tree tool only active if the preceding tool were used. Ie., if you don't select a continent, you cannot select a country.

clipboard_image_0.png

2 REPLIES 2
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@DavidOliverChapman 

This is indeed possible (example attached). You can nest the options using the interface designer and then configure the radio button to collapse the group when deselected

interface-nesting.pngcollapse-radio.png

most-recent.pngcustom.png

You can then use the Update Value with Formula option to define the logic - ie If the Custom is selected use the Date From/Date To otherwise calculate this (in the example below Date From is calculated as Today - 360 days)

IF [#1] = 'TRUE' THEN [#2] ELSE DateTimeFormat(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeNow(), -360, "days"), "%Y-%m-%d") ENDIF

update-w-formula.png

DavidOliverChapman
7 - Meteor

@MichalM 

Thanks - and apologies for the delayed reply. This is really excellent, thank you.

Labels