Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date now -7

Plewis1
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow that runs once a week. The data appends to a excel sheet and stacks itself. I am trying get the filter tool to run that day the data is pulled plus 7 days back every week. Any help would be appreciated. Also I don't have any time in the column, so do I also need to build the formula in a way that excludes time? 

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Plewis1 ,

so you need a formula to get the current date - 7 days? This should work: DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(), -7, "days"). DateTimeToday() returns today's date, and DateTimeAdd calculates the respective day of last week. Does this help?

Best regards

Roland

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
I think we can do this as follows...

[DATEFIELD] >= DATETIMEADD(DATETIMETODAY(),-7,"days")

Ben
Plewis1
8 - Asteroid

Hi @

Plewis1
8 - Asteroid

Hi @

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
What that suggests to me is that you actually dont have any dates within 7 days of today.

Have you ensured that is the case?
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
Is your date field data type actually set to date type?
Plewis1
8 - Asteroid

The date type is selected as date  in the select tool. There is dates going all the way back to 2018. 

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Plewis1 ,

maybe you should try:

DATETIMEPARSE([YourDateField], "%Y-%m-%d") >= DATETIMEADD(DATETIMENOW(), -7, "days")

Of course you have to replace the format specifiers in DATETIMEPARSE and remove the date type selection in the Select tool (set it to a string data type).

Plewis1
8 - Asteroid

That worked. Thank you sir.  

Labels