Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date formated to month

RAJAYKUMAR001
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I am trying to add a formula that converts all my dates to its specific month. for Example 06/19/2020 must just say JUNE. 

The below formula did not work.

DateTimeFormat([Field1],"%m")

Can someone help me with the phrase,

5 REPLIES 5
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @RAJAYKUMAR001 you would need to convert your dates into a format that alteryx recognises as a date which is a YYYY-MM-DD format then you could use datetiemformat formula to make it a month. I have mocked up an example.

Dates_06082020.JPG

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @RAJAYKUMAR001,

Try using the below phrase:

DateTimeFormat([DateTime_Out],"%B").

Further more I would like to add if you have multiple formats coming in the input, you first need to convert them into a date format that Alteryx Recognizes(YYYY-MM-DD)

datetime1.png

I hope it solves your issue. 

Sapna Gupta
RAJAYKUMAR001
7 - Meteor

Did not work,

I get this warning in orange

Formula (20) DATETIMEPARSE: Cannot convert "2020-04-29" to a date/time with format "%m,/%d/%y": Month number is out of range 1..12: '2020-04-29'

Should I have to use select and change the string type?

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @RAJAYKUMAR001 you just need to match the syntax to your date format "%y-%m-%d" would work. I amended my workflow to showcase this. If this does not work can you share an example of your data so it easier to mock up workflow?

RAJAYKUMAR001
7 - Meteor

Thank you,
It worked.

I did try that as well. 
With your sample I realized that the data string type in Formula bar must be V_Wstring. I had kept it as Date. That was another reason. 

Labels