Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date format m/dd/yy (String) to mm-dd-yy(Date)

yaminibhola
6 - Meteoroid

I have data in csv file and the date looks like 4/15/2020 as string, I need to change it to 04-15-2020 as date.I tried several ways however everything is giving Null value.Please help.

6 REPLIES 6
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @yaminibhola ,

To transform your string into a date, one option is to use datetimeparse function.

Datetimeparse([date],'%m/%d/%y')

It will transform your string into a date (yyyy-mm-dd) and that is the only format alteryx support for dates.

Best,

Fernando V.

rahul_Kumar_koshika
7 - Meteor

Hi @yaminibhola ,

04-15-2020 (MM-DD-YYYY) is not the valid date format recognized by Alteryx. However, in order to get the desired output we can change the data type to string. Please find attached, workflow that will solve your query.

Input:

Capture.JPG

Desired output:

Capture.JPG

If it works mark it as solution

Sntrada
11 - Bolide

Hello @yaminibhola 

The attached workflow does this, but please note that Alteryx writes date with the year first. 

yaminibhola
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you!

Bharadwaj
5 - Atom

This works. Thanks. I had a similar problem struggling with date time parse. Realized that use of MM and mm can also make a difference. MM is months whereas mm is minutes as per Altreryx. 

lilybadawy
5 - Atom

please will you upload screenshots of the tiles used and what the custom information is

Labels