Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date filters

Phill
8 - Asteroid

Hello, 

I'm trying to filter for everything within the next 2 months but all I'm getting is data for December.

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

DateTimeAdd(DateTimeFirstOfMonth(),+2,"months")= DateTimeTrim([DateTime_Out],"months")

Thanks, 

Phill

15 REPLIES 15
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Phill 

Intresting scenario but not completely clear. If you provide a sample data and your workflow we can troubleshoot it for you.

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You want to actually use the DateTimeAdd() to do something like this: DateTimeAdd(DateTimeNow(),2,"month

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi  @Phill ,

what about this condition:

DateTimeTrim([DateTime_Out],"months") <= DateTimeAdd(DateTimeFirstOfMonth(), 2, "months")
AND
DateTimeTrim([DateTime_Out],"months") > DateTimeFirstOfMonth()

It should select all records within the next two months, excluding current month!

Let me know if it works for you.

Best,

Roland

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Phill ,

Here is a workflow for the task. It filters date within 2 months from this months first day both forward and backward.

Workflow :

atcodedog05_0-1601896493766.png

Keep only [Gap]<=2 for only forward months.

Hope this helps 🙂

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Phill 

Change your condition into since you are looking for upcoming two months.

DateTimeAdd(DateTimeFirstOfMonth(),+2,"months") >= DateTimeTrim([DateTime_Out],"months")'

Your current :

DateTimeAdd(DateTimeFirstOfMonth(),+2,"months") = DateTimeTrim([DateTime_Out],"months")'

2 months from now is December.

Hope this helps 🙂

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

Phill
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @atcodedog05 @RolandSchubert @joshuaburkhow 

I tried those suggestions but it still seems to be throwing out some odd dates. I'd have to make a separate data sample to share it so I'm not sure how useful that would be.

Basically the date data came in including a time so I ran it through a DateTime to convert it to YYYY-MM-DD. 

Then what I'm trying to do is add a filter so that whenever the workflow is run it takes all data that has a date within the next months of the date the workflow is running. So that's everything from 0/10/2020 to 05/12/2020.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Phill ,

Are you getting any error or warning or just data logical issue like this.

Phill
8 - Asteroid

Hey @atcodedog05 

No errors its just not giving me within the next 2 months. I tried DateTimeAdd(DateTimeFirstOfMonth(),+2,"months") >= DateTimeTrim([DateTime_Out],"months") but that included all kinds of dates.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Phill 

Try this

Edited:

(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeFirstOfMonth(),+2,"months") >= DateTimeTrim([DateTime_Out],"months"))

and (DateTimeTrim([DateTime_Out],"months")>=DateTimeFirstOfMonth())

Labels