Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Date filter-Refreshing biweekly

VahidGoli
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I have a data source which continuously stores cost data. I need to start filtering the Date field for a certain period of time (which is two weeks) and then continue for every two weeks.

If we assume I have different types of costs in a two-week period (I used Summarize tool to group the cost types), I need to first filter the date field to a certain initial period of two weeks. Then I need the next period of two weeks which actually just consider the next two weeks and not including the initial two weeks, and keep continuing this kind of refreshing date filter biweekly.

Would you please guide me on how I can achieve this?

Thank you in advance for your guidance.

4 REPLIES 4
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @VahidGoli 

This is kind of confusing to me but here 2 things what the solution might be.

1st approach : consider period based on current date

2nd approach : iterative macro https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Videos/Build-Your-First-Iterative-Macro/td-p/55565

Hope this helps 🙂

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@VahidGoli 
Agree with @VahidGoli , I either not quite get what you need.

But prepared a simple flow to check the Date and allocate it to a Bi-Week Account.

1123-Vgoli.PNG

VahidGoli
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu, thanks for your answer. Although it wasn't what I wanted, you gave me greater insight, and I built the workflow based on that. It is very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Vahid

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@VahidGoli 
Sorry did not perfectly match your need, but glad helped a bit.

Labels