Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date conversion

Luk88kk
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Please give me a hint. I have this error in my workflow: Date: "08.04.2021" is not a valid Date.
Why? In the excel file and in the metadata this field appears as Date?

9 REPLIES 9
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Luk88kk 

Alteryx only supports dates in ISO dateformat yyyy-mm-dd. You can convert it to Alteryx datetime using datetime tool. I have attached datetime tool document in the post which should help you to learn the tool and navigate through to solve the usecase.

atcodedog05_0-1649672605300.png

Here is help documentation on an alternative method using datetime functions.

Hope this helps : )

Luk88kk
8 - Asteroid

Thank you I have done as recommended but now I have popped up a problem of this type:
Cannot convert '2014-08-22' to a date/time with format '%B %d, %Y' and language 'English': Invalid month: '2014-08-22' -- expected at least three letters Record #2

Would you please help me to solve this.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Luk88kk 

1. Use Datetimetool to convert input to Alteryx date (String to date)

2. Use Datetimetool to convert Alteryx date to the desired format. (Date to string)

Hope this helps : )

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Luk88kk one way of doing this with the DateTime functions

https://help.alteryx.com/20214/designer/datetime-functions

binuacs_0-1649673679142.png

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@Luk88kk I'm a little confused what your starting point is. If you're still stuck, if you share an excerpt of your workflow/data with your objective we can surely help.

Luk88kk
8 - Asteroid

Unfortunately :( although I have read everything and tried many times I have not succeeded.... I have tried following the above instructions and still get errors. I am posting an example that I am struggling with.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Luk88kk Since the dates are in different format you need to use the datetime function to process the dates as per the given format

binuacs_0-1649682812603.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Luk88kk 

Oh, you have mixed dates. That explains the issues you are have facing 😅

@binuacs workflow should work. It's handling them both separately.

Luk88kk
8 - Asteroid

It works! You have saved this Monday. Thank you very much. Have a great day and the rest of the week.

You are great!

Labels