Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date Time output data - Excel

wfburns
5 - Atom

Hi,

I'm trying to write out a file name for an excel report using the formula tool make a dynamic date like this:

"C:\reports\Final_Report_" + DateTimeFormat(datetimenow(), "%Y%m%d_%H%M") + ".xlsx|||Sheet1"

In the Output Data I'm using Take File/Table Name from field and Changing the entire file path.  However, when it writes out the file, I get two excel files with the data split between them, with file names 1 minute apart. 

I have a few containers combined with a union then the formula and the Output data step.  Is there a step I'm missing so that it outputs to only 1 file?  

2 REPLIES 2
Dynamomo
11 - Bolide

Sounds like it takes the formula tool over a minute to get all of the data through it...and that's why you get two files, which are a minute apart.  i would try putting a block until done tool just before your formula tool so that the data is pushed through this tool all at once and hopefully it takes less than a minute to update with the hour and minute.  

wfburns
5 - Atom

That worked, thank you!

Labels