Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date Time Conversion

rajputakansha
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am trying to convert incoming string field DD.MM.YYYY into MM/DD/YYYY. But Date Time conversion tool is giving me null column.

Can you help?

rajputakansha_0-1580352374748.png

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @rajputakansha ,

For that, the custom expression needs to be dd.MM.yyyy

Also, if you want to use the format MM/DD/YYYY, keep in mind that it is not possible to keep this format as a date type column, as the only accepted date format in Alteryx is yyyy-mm-dd

Let me know if that works for you.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @rajputakansha ,

why not use a Formula tool? If you convert the incoming string to a date format (function DATETIMEPARSE will do that) you can format it to any format you need using DATETIMEFORMAT (resulting in a string). So tailored to your probem, a formula like 

DateTimeFormat(DateTimeParse([Date], '%d.%m.%Y'), '%m/%d/%Y')

would do the job. A sample workflow is attached. Hope this is helpful.

Best,

Roland

jacob_kahn
12 - Quasar

@rajputakansha ,

I've needed to do this before. Even though Alteryx doesn't read this type of date format, I needed it for my output. This is what I did.

1. Change what you wrote to dd.mm.yyyy

2. Use the same tool again separately, but instead of the default string to Date/Time format, choose 'Date/Time to string.' Than yo ucan specify the output you'd like your date string to look like (ie. mm/dd/yyyy).

Please let me know if this helps you by accepting as solution. If not - good luck with you endeavors.

Thanks,

Jacob

Labels