Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date Range Gaps Example

cchueh
7 - Meteor

Hello,

How do I build a formula for my example attached to find the data gap and give me the start and end date?

Target Result:

Person A  - First date Jan 1, 2018, Second date in consecutive would be January 9, 2018, and then there is a gap, so the second output would be January 21, 2018, and then there is a gap and the third output would be January 23, 2018 with the last output as Jan 30, 2018. 

Thank you!!

4 REPLIES 4
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You can use multi-row formulas to create flags if there is a gap. From there, you can filter for the flags, reassign IDs, and pivot the data back.

See attached. Let me know if this is what you're looking for.

echuong1_0-1594922121454.png

cchueh
7 - Meteor

@echuong1  Would you be able to re-send the workflow in .yxmd format? For some reason I can't open  your .yxzp format of workflow. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you so much!

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

See attached! You'll need to configure the input tool to the correct path on your computer.

cchueh
7 - Meteor

@echuong1 Thank you so much!!

Labels