Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date Month Week 1

lailas
7 - Meteor

Hi, I have a date in the format April Week 1

I need this to take in the current year and change to be the first day of the (in this case) first week of April of 2019.

How can I achieve this? TIA!!

4 REPLIES 4
LukeM

Hi @lailas,

Are you looking for the first day of april of this year - i.e. 2019-04-01? Or do you want the first complete week in that month? And is that week commencing Monday or Sunday?

Luke

lailas
7 - Meteor

Hey @lukem,

Thanks- I am looking for the Monday that the week begins on (regardless if it is full- for example, May's first week this year I would say started on April 29).

So for example: April Week 1 would be 4/1/2019 ; May Week 3 would be 5/13/2019 etc.

Currently, the field says April Week 1. 

Thank you!!

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @lailas 

WF.png

This workflow starts with a regex to parse the month and week number from the input.  The formula calculates the first of that month in the current year.  Next is a Generate Rows tool that creates a record for each of the days 6 days prior to the month start.  After finding the weekday, I select the Mondays.  The final step is to add the number of Weeks -1 to the Monday to reflect the start of the week in question.

Results

Results.png

Dan

lailas
7 - Meteor

Labels