Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date Interface tool to Update Formula

tbuenaflor
7 - Meteor

Hi All, 

I'm still very much a newbie so go easy on me. I'm trying to create a workflow in where I use the Date Interface tool to choose a date and this date is used and updated in the Formula tool. This my first time working with the Date Interface and action tools so I'm sure if I have everything configured correctly. 

Workflow.PNG

FormulaConfig.PNG

ActionToolConfig.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @tbuenaflor ,

Welcome to the community!

You almost got it right. To be honest, I have never used it like that.

If you want to add it into a formula tool this is what I would recommend you to do:

Type in the formula tool the following

Todate('abcd')

Change the data type to date

Select in the action tool the checkbox 'Replace a specific string' and replace only abcd (NOT 'abcd')

It should work like that 🙂

Regards

tbuenaflor
7 - Meteor

@afv2688 Thanks for the quick reply! Your solution worked like a charm. I'm honestly not sure how I went down the rabbit hole of using the Date and Action tools (too much browsing the community forums haha. Below is the formula I originally had where the user had to manually input the date in the formula tool. 

tbuena_0-1572979143456.png

StanS
5 - Atom

Hi The

I am new to Alteryx and I require using the date interface tool. I followed your example and it works great for coming out on my CSV output but it shows as NULL in the Date_Field I created in the formula tool. I have my formula and action tool as below.Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated

Thx

Stan

StanS_0-1580141108996.png

StanS_1-1580141154832.png

Labels