Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date Interface Tool with In-DB filter

Arun_KV
8 - Asteroid

Hello Team - 

Here is my situation .. 

From the date interface tool , I am choosing a date . In the 'Action'  conifg  , I select  'Update Value with Formula'  to 

derive  yearmonths ( From & To)  from the date chosen .  

In the In-DB filter tool , I have chosen the  'custom filter'  option . The filter expression  goes like  year_month between 111111 and 999999

My requirement is , if  the user selects  the date 07-APR-2021  from the tool , the filter should have the value  year_month between 202004 and 202103

Please note, my formula for deriving the year months from date is correct . But for some reason , the filter expression is not changing from year_month between 111111 and 999999   to    year_month between 202004 and 202103.

Instead it changes to 0.00000.

Please refer the pictures attached.   Appreciate your help

Arun_KV_0-1617807038607.pngArun_KV_1-1617807064064.png

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @Arun_KV 

In your Action tool, you're using || to concatenate the strings as in 'year_month between '||DateTimeformat(Date...  II is the concat symbol in Oracle but in Alteryx, || is OR.  The action tool runs in an Alteryx context, so it's performing an OR on your text strings.   Replace the || with + which is the concatenate operator in Alteryx

Dan

Arun_KV
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @danilang  -  Yea, I realized it later .  This is the problem working with mutiple systems  🙂  

Labels