Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date Interface Tool with In-DB filter

Arun_KV
8 - Asteroid

Hello Team - 

Here is my situation .. 

From the date interface tool , I am choosing a date . In the 'Action'  conifg  , I select  'Update Value with Formula'  to 

derive  yearmonths ( From & To)  from the date chosen .  

In the In-DB filter tool , I have chosen the  'custom filter'  option . The filter expression  goes like  year_month between 111111 and 999999

My requirement is , if  the user selects  the date 07-APR-2021  from the tool , the filter should have the value  year_month between 202004 and 202103

Please note, my formula for deriving the year months from date is correct . But for some reason , the filter expression is not changing from year_month between 111111 and 999999   to    year_month between 202004 and 202103.

Instead it changes to 0.00000.

Please refer the pictures attached.   Appreciate your help

Arun_KV_0-1617807038607.pngArun_KV_1-1617807064064.png

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @Arun_KV 

In your Action tool, you're using || to concatenate the strings as in 'year_month between '||DateTimeformat(Date...  II is the concat symbol in Oracle but in Alteryx, || is OR.  The action tool runs in an Alteryx context, so it's performing an OR on your text strings.   Replace the || with + which is the concatenate operator in Alteryx

Dan

Arun_KV
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @danilang  -  Yea, I realized it later .  This is the problem working with mutiple systems  🙂  

Labels