Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date Interface Tool - New Gallery Error

DylanDowrick
8 - Asteroid

Hey Everyone, my team just had 21.4.2 downloaded for Gallery and Designer. Before the upgrade there were no issues.

I have an interface set up as so:

DylanDowrick_0-1650049745958.png

But if I were to select a different radio selection and run I get this new error:

DylanDowrick_1-1650049827562.png

It is erroring for no other reason than that there was not a date selected in the first radio button (the other selections are basically empty for this configuration). If I go in, select a date in the first radio selection, then I can run any other option. I shouldn't have to do that!

It feels like someone was trying to help me to be precautious by building in an error message tool, but it should be shut down if I have the 'Collapse Group When Deselected' checked. Am I crazy? Other than a Text Box (which I'm trying to avoid) what can I do???

7 REPLIES 7
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

oh... re-reading this. interesting. I'll play with it.

can you include a screen grab of the config of your interface designer top "Questions" tab?

DylanDowrick
8 - Asteroid

Here is my workflow stripped of anything important, the interface regarding the radio buttons is the same, stripped what I needed to remove other kinds of errors. Hopefully you can help! It runs okay (as far as I can tell) in Designer but Gallery it struggled.

DylanDowrick_0-1650057639470.png

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @DylanDowrick 

In cleaning your workflow, you've also removed the tool(ToolId:29) that caused the error.   Can you provide the original workflow where the error occurred, "date interface tester.yxwz" 

Thanks

Dan

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@DylanDowrick I agree that there was a change and it's now producing an alteryx error. Your sample workflow runs fine in gallery v 2021.2.1.35394, but I'm getting the same error as you in gallery v 2021.4.2.02731.

patrick_digan_0-1650282149187.png

DylanDowrick
8 - Asteroid

Thank you, @apathetichell , @danilang for taking the time to think about this. And thank you @patrick_digan for cross-referencing against servers, it verifies that I am not 100% crazy.

In order to have my workflows run and (crossing fingers) ensure that the input is still a date:
I am using a Text Box tool with an Error Message tool attached. Configuration below. If the user does not give the correct date format then it will error out.

DylanDowrick_0-1650288078099.png

!REGEX_Match([#1], '\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}') or isnull(todate([#1]))

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@DylanDowrick I emailed support and they replied that this issue has been identified as TCPE-240 and will be fixed in the next minor release for server.  

dsandmann
8 - Asteroid

Assuming you have blocking set up where that date won't go anywhere if it has an input, a temporary workaround in gallery would be to have your user select any date within radio buttons that have it and then pick their final selection prior to running.

Labels