Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date Interface Input returs wrong date when run from Gallery

SarahMB
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I have an Alteryx app that takes several interface inputs, including two date inputs. The two date inputs don't return the correct dates when running the workflow from the gallery. They work fine when running from Alteryx. For example, if I select 1st April 2016, it will return 31st April 2016, which isn't even a valid date. If I input 3rd August 2016, it returns 2nd August 2016. Here are some tests I did:

Selected valueResult value
31/05/201730/05/2017
01/05/201730/05/2017
16/05/201715/05/2017
01/04/201731/04/2017
01/01/201701/01/2017
01/11/201601/11/2016
30/11/201630/11/2016
22/06/201621/06/2016

I have attached a more basic version of my workflow, which suffers from the same problem.

I initially thought it was a server issue, but the 31st April date result threw me a bit. Can anyone help me with this please?

Thanks,

Sarah

10 REPLIES 10
SME_Steve
7 - Meteor

Hi Sarah,

I'm experiencing the exact same problem. Run with Date control in interface using designer and returns correct date from control. Save to Gallery and Launch and the control in most instances is 1 day out.

Running version 11.

I'm switching to text field input while this is resolved!

Steve.

SarahMB
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for replying Steve. Good to know I'm not alone :D. I forgot to say that the version I am running is 10.6. Hopefully someone from Alteryx can give us a clue about this.

Cheers,

Sarah

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@SarahMB I encountered what is probably the same issue with @Kieran in this post. I'm guessing that this is an issue with people who are in different time zones from the server. I was able to replicate the issue by changing my timezone from the Eastern US to Ireland. You may be able to try Chrome to see if that resolves the issue. Another thing I would try is to change your computer's timezone to the Eastern US and then try a couple non-Chrome browsers (IE, Firefox etc.) and see if that helps for any of those. This seems to be a bug that you should report to support@alteryx.com and then someone from Alteryx can hopefully investigate further.

Hope that helps!

SarahMB
6 - Meteoroid

I did wonder about time zones, but that doesn't explain why it seems to be changing the input date of 01/04/17 to 31/04/2017, which isn't a valid date in any time zone?

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I suspect there is a bad formula somewhere in the Alteryx Server that is yielding very bad results, including non dates likes 31/04/2017 :)

DanC

Hi @SarahMB,

Thanks for your post, and thanks for everyone's contribution. There appears to be two issues here:

1. When the server is in a different time zone (variable), the dates picked result in the dates minus 1 day.
  2. Invalid dates are returned when a date picked is the first of the month after a month with less than 31 days (5/1/2017 returns 4/31/2017, for example)

As @patrick_digan pointed out, this issue has been discussed in another post. The first issue has been escalated, and I will add the second issue to the escalation as well. Although, if the date does not change to the previous day, then the second issue is likely inconsequential.

We have created a Support case for you and we will keep you updated on the progress.

Thank you!

Dan Chapman
Program Manager, Customer Support
New to the community? Get started here.
AngelaO
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Is there a Defect #?

Customer Support Engineer
DanC

Hi @SarahMB,

I wanted to give you an update. These issues (wrong dates and invalid dates) have been verified by our developers. They are hoping to get a fix in for an update estimated to take place in November. Thank you for alerting us of this issue and for your patience while we get it resolved.

Dan Chapman
DanC

Posting this to close the loop: This issue was fixed in the 2018.1 release.

Dan Chapman
Labels