Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date Input from different file

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi ,

Currently, i would like to input the date from data A into data B as shown in the screenshot below :

Each row in the data B will show the date coming from data A. May i know how can i combine using two data together?

Jacob_94_0-1614777710221.png

6 REPLIES 6
ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @SH_94 ,

I would say the usage of Append.

Have a look at the workflow. It will hopefully give you an idea.

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @ImadZidan 12 

Could you briefly explain how to use the append function and where can i find it ? Cz i never use this function before.

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @SH_94 ,

Try downloading the workflow that @ImadZidan  has attached in his earlier post and I'm sure you will be able to find an example of how to use the tool.

The append fields tool can be found in the Join tool palette, and if you click on it once it will give you the option to go to a sample workflow to find out more about the tool.

AngelosPachis_0-1614778700163.png

It needs a source (S) input and a target (T) input and it will append the fields from the source input to every record of the target input.

Cheers,

Angelos

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @SH_94 ,

Please see the examples that @AngelosPachis showed.

If you are still not sure, let us know.

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @SH_94 ,

Did you manage to solve this issue using the Append fields tool? Did the explanation provided earlier work for you?

Cheers,

Angelos

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @ AngelosPachis 

Yes. It is work for me .

Thanks again for your time

Labels