Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date Format Issues?

The_Fray
8 - Asteroid

I created a very simple workflow to highlight the issue I am having.

I have a string date that I successfully convert to a date format, but when I try to perform any calculation on the date, I get errors

Please help. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@The_Fray I amended your workflow and the DateFormat formula produces an output. Datetimeformat changes the date into a string so the datetime functions won't work and cannot be a Date data type in Alteryx and has to be a string. If you want to use Datetime functions you need to convert your date into YYYY-MM-DD format and as date data type. and then apply the datetime functions. DateTimeFormat function is generally used as last step since the data type has to be a string.

The_Fray
8 - Asteroid

@JosephSerpis Thanks for clarifying that. Seems ghetto to me, since something like Excel has no issues with changing formats and still performing calculations. No matter though, as long as I know.

Thanks again 

Labels