Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date Filter x Days from current date

RobertBob
6 - Meteoroid

I have tried using the [Date] = DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),-1,"DAYS") with no luck at this point. Everything I have found here says this should bloody well work but it continues to vex me. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.   

5 REPLIES 5
RobertBob
6 - Meteoroid

data is here.

What I am trying to do is create an output where the the Summary data is joined to the Historical that is filtered for x days back. I want it to be automatic and set to 7 days. The create the excel sheet TEST.

Hope that makes sense

RobertBob
6 - Meteoroid

sheesh the alteryx is here

tcroberts
12 - Quasar

I think the issue is because `DateTimeToday()` gives you date AND time. So you get: '2018-09-13 00:00:00', and since your existing date columns do not have the time, there are no matches.

By changing your filter to:

[Date] = DateTimeFormat(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),-1,"day"), '%Y-%m-%d')

I was able to get some records output.

Let me know if this is what you were looking for,

Cheers!

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

@tcroberts has again provided an excellent solution.

The only possible improvement I would make is to reduce the amount of typing you have to do

[Date] = DateTimeFormat(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),-1,"day"), '%Y-%m-%d')

becomes

[Date] = ToDate(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),-1,"day"))

ToDate truncates the DateTime value returned by DateTimeAdd to a Date by removing the time information

Dan

shivarajukuncham
5 - Atom

it solved my purpose really cool.

Labels