Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Date Filter using dropdown

dkma
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, 

There is a date column includes several dates in the, using interface tool, I want to fiilter out single day, range of a week, and Range of a month based on the dropdown selected. 

How to achieve that

7 REPLIES 7
csmith11
11 - Bolide

Here's one approach that may work for you using two Calendar Interface Tools. If you are specifically wanting to use a Drop Down Tool, let me know and I can model that out for you as well. See Workflow Attached.

csmith11_0-1630695420097.png

csmith11
11 - Bolide

Rereading you're question...with the drop down what would your Options look like?

You could use a Chained App to create a Dynamic List of Options:

First Drop Down:

Month

Week Range

Day

Click Next to run first App in the chain. Then the second app would have one of the following options.

Second Drop Down: (After running Chained app)

Option1    Option 2     Option 3

Jan           Jan 2 - 8      Jan 1, 2022

Feb           Jan 9 - 15    Jan 2, 2022

Mar          Jan 16 - 22   Jan 3, 2022

Let me know if this makes sense or if you'd like to see an example.

dkma
8 - Asteroid

Hi @csmith11 , I\

I created a drop down like this

dkma_0-1630696467767.png

If We choose Daily, only one calendar interface should be displayed based on the dropdown value. if we choose Weekly or Monthly, Two calendar interfaces should be displayed. 

Then when i update the calendar, it should update the filter.

Seems little complex

csmith11
11 - Bolide

Not at all. Makes sense to me. 

Just to confirm: Your plan is to use a Chained App to accomplish this then?

dkma
8 - Asteroid

Hi @csmith11 ,

Yes.. It might be anything ... I'm trying to include the things based on our common use cases. 

Kindly help me to accomplish this. 

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @dkma ,

Not sure that this can be done with a dropdown interface tool, as you're looking for an interface tool that will enable you to collapse the group when deselected to make the calendars disappear.

You can do that with radio button, so instead of getting a dropdown you can select if you want to filter on a daily level or a weekly/monthly

AngelosPachis_0-1630943473474.png

AngelosPachis_0-1630943609359.png

In my sample data I have all dates of 2021, so you can test the app

csmith11
11 - Bolide

Hi @dkma,

@solution should be perfect for the use case you described. If it is, please mark it as the preferred solution.

Let us know if you were able to implement it on your end. Also, if you have any questions as to how it works, feel free to reach out.

Labels