Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date Filter not working

altsorz
6 - Meteoroid

Hi! I'm trying to filter my dataset, so I only get the rows with the 1st of each month. I want to filter out any data points that are not at the first of every month.

However, when I try to use the date filter & set start period to 1st of May and then period type to months, it still iterates the days and not the months.

How do I solve this? My date format shows up as yyyy-mm-dd. ( I also already parsed it from a string to a date, so that's not the issue)

I uploaded the dataset I want to filter on, because the website didn't wanna let me upload the alteryx file.

7 REPLIES 7
Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

HI @altsorz

To avoid this situation, I'll use a different fields for day, month and year.

Once you got the values in three separate fields, you can use simple filter expressions to get what you need.

If you figure out how to load your workflow, I can help you applying this to your actual workflow (try a private message to see if you can upload the workflow in it) 

altsorz
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you :) would be greatly appreciated! (I'll see if the file will upload in this reply  )

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @altsorz

I got you WF. I can see you have two main streams, one using the Filter with "[DateTime_Out] >= "2013-05-01" AND
[DateTime_Out] <= "2018-11-22" formula and the other uses a Filter Date macro

I can guess you're looking for the 1st. stream results in the second, Am I right?

If so, the date filter macro should look like this:

DateFilter.PNG 

If I missed what you need to accomplish in here, please let me know

altsorz
6 - Meteoroid

Heya, thanks for the assist. The two workflows were just me trying different method to get the result I wanted, neither of them are "correct".

What I'm trying to achieve, is to filter any datapoint, where the date is not yyyy-mm-01 

So the resulting table would have data points that would look like this:

2013-05-01

2013-06-01

2013-07-01

2018-11-01

So I can get the price-value at the start of each month only. 

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Let me share with you this, to see if I'm right:

You need to separate all day ="01" from the rest of the dataset (like below).

1st of month.PNG

To accomplish this, I used a formula to set a new field (in this case called [DAY] like this:

DAY formula.PNGEDIT 1: The type of this new field is INT16 (not shown in the screenshot, sorry)

Then I filtered all the [DAY] = 1 in the data and got the result attached at the top.

Here you can see what I made to get this:

1st of every month.PNG

Makes sense or still missing something from my side?

altsorz
6 - Meteoroid

Ah yes exactly! :) Thanks a bunch for your help! 

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Anytime! Glad to help

Labels