Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date Conversion

jonathanzadeh
7 - Meteor

The dates in this file are formatted in some custom format and when i try converting it nothing works it just changes to null. 

Solutions Attempted:

1) Using the select tool to manually change the date

2) I used the following formula --> DateTimeParse([Raw Date], "%b %d %Y")

Please see attached for the example - any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I have include a formula to check for date differences - hopefully the formula will work after the update.

5 REPLIES 5
kelsey_kincaid
12 - Quasar

Hi @jonathanzadeh ,

What format are you wanting the dates to be in? The standard Alteryx format for dates of yyyy-MM-dd (e.g. 2019-12-31) or a custom format Mon dd yyyy (e.g. Dec 31 2019)? Either way I think the DateTime tool will help you immensely, but want to understand what you're trying to achieve so I can build out an example for you.

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @jonathanzadeh 

1. Date Time calculations need Date Time Type (use the DateTime Parse Tool to convert from text to DateTime)

2. Proper argument is DateTimeDiff([Maturity_Date],[Price_Date],'duration'), where duration can be any measure of time (days, months, minutes, etc.,)

Please mark the below as a solution + like, if this works for you.

RNO2_0-1591036308841.png

DateTime config example

RNO2_1-1591036402057.png

Formula Tool argument

RNO2_2-1591036448192.png

Cheers!

jonathanzadeh
7 - Meteor

In the MM/DD/YYYY format.

I would like to use the date time diff formula as well. 

Hence, it should be 12/31/19 minus 12/28/19 equal to 3

jonathanzadeh
7 - Meteor

Would you be able to provide a YXZP using my example with your resolution?

Not sure i follow it

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @jonathanzadeh 

The workflow is attached.

Cheers!

Labels