Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date Change

kpontarollo
8 - Asteroid

Hi! I need help finding a way to change the date format 1/1/2022 to 01/01/2022. Can anyone provide a solution

7 REPLIES 7
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @kpontarollo 

This might look tricky here is a way to tackle it. 

1. Use datetimeparse() function to convert non-Alteryx date format to Alteryx dateformat. How datetimeparse work is you would need to give the format of the input date (DD/MM/YYYY) and it will convert it to Alteryx date (YYYY-MM-DD)

2. Once its converted to Alteryx date format we can use datetimeformat() to convert it back to the required format (DD/MM/YYYY)

Here is the documentation page of datetime functions go through it and you would be able to build these functions in no time https://help.alteryx.com/20214/designer/datetime-functions 

The hack here is when Alteryx converts it to the required dateformat it adds zero 🙂 and will output as 01/01/2022 

atcodedog05_0-1648835159185.png

Once you have figured out the steps you can nest them into a single formula.

Hope this helps : )

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @kpontarollo 

You can use the datetime functions:

First, parse into an alteryx supported date (yyyy-mm-dd), then, format back to your desired format. This assume you provided m/d/yyyy. Switch the %m and %d identifiers if your date is d/m/yyyy. 

https://help.alteryx.com/20214/designer/datetime-functions

Luke_C_0-1648835322022.png

kpontarollo
8 - Asteroid

Thank you both so much, both have worked!

kpontarollo
8 - Asteroid

Hi! This worked great. Do you happen to have a fix for a problem that is one step more than this? 

I need to make the date: 4/07/2021 5:00 to 04/07/2021 05:00:00?

Let me know! Thank you!

DataNath
17 - Castor

@kpontarollo I have assumed that this is DD/MM/YYYY. If so, you can use:

Datetimeformat(DateTimeParse([Input],"%d/%m/%Y %H:%M"), "%d/%m/%Y %H:%M:%S")

DataNath_0-1652972880769.png

If it's MM/DD/YYYY, use:

Datetimeformat(DateTimeParse([Input],"%m/%d/%Y %H:%M"), "%m/%d/%Y %H:%M:%S")

DataNath_1-1652972924047.png

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@kpontarollo , try this 

grazitti_sapna_0-1652973013095.png

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
kpontarollo
8 - Asteroid

Thanks!

Labels