Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Database connection from Gallery to Designer a hit Or Miss

saihaz123
7 - Meteor

Hello,

We have an sql database connection (string) setup in the server. However, whenever we connect from our designer, it is a hit or miss. Some of the authorized users can connect, some cant. Any insights about this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
PeterP
8 - Asteroid

Hi @saihaz123,

When you say that the database connection is a hit or miss, could you tell me what is the error log you are seeing inside of designer for users?

There are a number of reasons why certain users may or may not be able to run the workflow from their local machine:

- Do the users experiencing issues with the connection have permission granted from IT to access the database?

- Do the users have the connection string set up on their local machine with the associated drivers installed?

saihaz123
7 - Meteor

thanks for the hint, it is the driver missing, so we installed sql odbc to all users

PeterP
8 - Asteroid

No problem at all! If you found this solution helpful, could you please accept my response as a solution so that others may easily search for similar answers? Thank you.

saihaz123
7 - Meteor

Hi,

This morning, this was working but now it doesnt.
After trying again the connection. I got new error. Odbc is installed, and db access has been granted.

saihaz123
7 - Meteor
Labels