Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Database connection from Gallery to Designer a hit Or Miss

saihaz123
7 - Meteor

Hello,

We have an sql database connection (string) setup in the server. However, whenever we connect from our designer, it is a hit or miss. Some of the authorized users can connect, some cant. Any insights about this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
PeterP
8 - Asteroid

Hi @saihaz123,

When you say that the database connection is a hit or miss, could you tell me what is the error log you are seeing inside of designer for users?

There are a number of reasons why certain users may or may not be able to run the workflow from their local machine:

- Do the users experiencing issues with the connection have permission granted from IT to access the database?

- Do the users have the connection string set up on their local machine with the associated drivers installed?

saihaz123
7 - Meteor

thanks for the hint, it is the driver missing, so we installed sql odbc to all users

PeterP
8 - Asteroid

No problem at all! If you found this solution helpful, could you please accept my response as a solution so that others may easily search for similar answers? Thank you.

saihaz123
7 - Meteor

Hi,

This morning, this was working but now it doesnt.
After trying again the connection. I got new error. Odbc is installed, and db access has been granted.

saihaz123
7 - Meteor
Labels