Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Database Timeout While Locally Running Flow

alvanhai
5 - Atom

I have a flow that is connected to an impala database that errors out depending on the size of the data fed into the output tool. It gives the following error code:

Error: Output Data (85): DataWrap2ODBC::SendBatch: [Cloudera][ImpalaODBC] (450) Error when calling the Impala Thrift API ExecuteStatement: SSL_read: error code: 0 Insert into `d_sw_lar_data_analytics`.`pub_la_sales_merge_output`(`employeeid`,`seller`,`start_date`,`direct_manager_full_name`,`right_manager_status`,`manager_status`,`country`,`year`,`year_total_target`,`year_total_actual`,`q1_target`,`q1_actual`,`q2_target`,`q2_actual`,`q3_target`,`q3_actual`,`q4_target`,`q4_actual`,`q1_quota`,`q2_quota`,`q3_quota`,`q4_quota`,`org_hierarchy_leadership_level_1_name`,`org_hierarchy_leadership_level_2_name`,`org_hierarchy_leadership_level_3_name`,`org_hierarchy_leadership_level_4_name`,`org_hierarchy_leadership_level_5_name`,`sub_department`,`grade`,`band_description`,`status`,`years_at_trane`,`quota_fy21`,`year_target_percent_met`,`q1_target_percent_met`,`q2_target_percent_met`,`q3_target_percent_met`,`q4_target_percent_met`,`percent_error_q1`,`percent_error_q2`,`percent_error_q3`,`percent_error_q4`,`percent_error_year`,`last_updated`) Values (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)

As a result, it drops the destination table from the database and overwrites it with a null table. From what I can tell, the schema is still intact, it just has no data in it. The funny thing is that it runs fine (if not a bit slow) when I run it in the gallery. This incident has also made me concerned about the integrity of my output data as it is lost every time the flow is run on my local computer and errors out. Any idea what is causing this issue and how to fix it? 

1 REPLY 1
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @alvanhai 

Thanks for posting to the Community!
Can you please check your driver to make sure its the most up-to-date version?

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/apache-impala 

This error looks similar to the below post which says the following:

From ODBC Data Source Administrator, could you please provide:

- the version of your Impala driver (at the bottom of the window when you click on "Configure" for your driver entry)

- a screenshot of your Advanced Options for your driver settings

I would suspect either an issue with the driver itself (solved by a reinstall, or an update) or a timeout problem, depending on your volume of data.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/ERROR-SSL-read-in-ImpalaODBC-while-refre...

Community Moderator
Labels