Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
The Expert Exam is now live online! Read about the specifics and what it took to bring it to life in the blog by our very own Elizabeth Bonnell!

DataWrap2OleDb::SendBatch: Microsoft Access Database Engine: Cannot open database ''. It m

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

I am getting error message "DataWrap2OleDb::SendBatch: Microsoft Access Database Engine: Cannot open database ''. It may not be a database that your application recognizes,".   Does anyone have any experience in resolving this?

I am trying to output data to Microsoft Access. 

Highlighted
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar
Do you have the Microsoft Access Database Engine installed?
Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

I installed and still getting the error message. 

Highlighted
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@petgrap Which version (32 bit or 64 bit) did you install and which version is your currently installed MS Office package?

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

I have the same issue; Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus.

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Error: Output Data (7): DataWrap2OleDb::SendBatch: Microsoft Access Database Engine: Cannot open database ''. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt.\3049 = -78972086 Insert into `Table1`(`NET_LINE_AMOUNT`,`NET_LINE_AMOUNT_USD`,`Order_Number`,`Arrangement_Id`,`Line_Type`,`Line_Status`,`Order_Line_Number`,`Product_Number`,`Net_Ordered_Qty`,`Transactional_Currency_Code`,`POB_Type`,`Accounting_Rule_Name`,`Order_Header_Id`,`Order_Line_Id`,`Price_List_Name`,`Unit_List_Price`,`Unit_List_Price_USD`,`Extended_List_Price_USD__Compute`,`Top_Model_Line_Number`,`Top_Model_Product_Number`,`Top_Model_Product_Line`,`Ordered_Date`,`Bill_To_Customer_Number`,`Bill_To_Customer`,`Bill_To_Country`,`Icat`,`Operating_Unit`,`Rev_Business_Group`,`Rev_Business_Unit`,`Rev_Division`,`Rev_Product_Line`,`Product_Sub_Family`,`Rev_Management_Unit`,`AR_Transaction_Type`,`Accounting_Rule_Name__IM_`,`UBI_Reason_Code`,`SALES_PRICE`,`ordered_qty`,`DISCOUNT_FROM_LIST`,`CU Region ID`,`Customer Org Segment ID`,`Bill_To_Customer_Region_Name__Ix`) Values (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)

Highlighted
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@cowatson  check to make sure that your Access database driver is the correct version as to what version of Office you have (32 bit vs 63 bit)

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

64 bit office and driver, used select tool to clean up any data, no dice.

Highlighted
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@cowatson 

1. What is the full name of the driver you have installed (ie. Access Database Engine 2016 64 bit,  Access Database Engine 2010 64 bit, etc)  ?

2. Is the Access file an mdb or accdb?

3. How large is the Access file (in mb/gb)?

4. Approximately how many rows are you trying to insert?

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for trying to help, see answers in order:

1. https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=13255 (64 bit)

2. I am creating a new database file. It gives same error whether i try output as mdb or accdb

3. The input file is an mdb file that is 1.2 GB, I am then joining it with an Excel file, populating a colum where certain rows may have had a blank value with the value in the Excel file.  I am then using the formula tool to clean up any ASCII characters (like an endash), select tool to specify format of each column, then output to an accdb or mdb file. There are 1,437,684 records in, 1,437,684 records out.  When the process ends, the accdb file is 2 GB, but when i open it in Access, it is blank and shrinks to 34 kb or so.

4. Think i answered your question above, let me know if i did not, but i am creating a new accdb file versus inserting into an existing db.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Labels