community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

DataWrap2ODBC::SendBatch issue while writing data to MySQL

Meteor

Hi Guys.

I am getting below error while writing data to MySQL table. need help to solve this issue.

Error: Output Data (169): DataWrap2ODBC::SendBatch: [MySQL][ODBC 5.3(w) Driver][mysqld-5.6.34-79.1-log]Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x98\x8Aht...' for column 'Query Asked' at row 1 Insert into `CharBot_Text_US_NOTUS`(`timestamp`,`userid`,`intent`,`Query Asked`,`Flag`,`Total_Unique_Count`) Values (?,?,?,?,?,?)

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

The error messages says:

Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x98\x8Aht...' for column 'Query Asked' at row 1...

Is the data you are inserting correct for the column?

Meteoroid

Howdy VJ,

I'm having the same error.  I checked the data types and they are correct.  Did you ever figure out the issue you were having?

Thanks much,

Doug

Alteryx Partner

Hi Doug,

I am also haivng this same error - wondering if you have had resolved it?

Much appreciated if you can let me know!

best,

Zoey

Meteoroid

Never figured out the issue.  Just switched to a "Delete  Data and Append."  Never could get the "Update..." output options to work.  I received a link to the help page for outputs, but it's lacking detail (https://help.alteryx.com/11.3/index.htm#Output_Options.htm).  The information assumes the user has advanced knowledge of the writing to SQL Server.  In my mind the update option should work, but can only write to the DB with "Delete Data and Append"

Alteryx Partner

thanks for the knowledge. - actually the issue i had has been solved by changing all the data size to 255 of v-w string data type. think the default data size for this data type is too big for any SQL server.

you can test on yours maybe works too.

thanks,

Zoey

Atom

Also make sure there are no nulls in your output. This did the trick for me.

Labels