Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data truncation while loading csv file into alteryx

SrinivasanSugumaran
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

All that i am trying to do is just load a csv file into alteryx. When i click refresh i see the values are truncated in fews rows. Could some one assist on how to get the values without truncation.

I tried the option of giving max field length too. but still seeing the values truncated.

Attached the screenshot too.cells truncated csv file.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
chukleswk
11 - Bolide

Are you getting the truncation when selecting the browse tool as well or in the output? If you are just viewing the results from the input tool then you will get a truncation when it's more than 255 characters. Check it at the browse tool (or further downstream) to see if you're getting the same truncation.

SrinivasanSugumaran
8 - Asteroid

Hi @chukleswk , i noticed that i didnt get any truncation in the browse tool, but in select tool there is truncation.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @SrinivasanSugumaran 

Is the truncation in the data itself or just in the results pane? @chukleswk's point is valid that the results pane will truncate for presentation purposes only. If you put a browse after the select how does it look?

chukleswk
11 - Bolide

@SrinivasanSugumaran, your data is not truncated. You will need to use the browse tool if you want to view all of the characters in the field displayed .

The results pane (highlighted in yellow) will always truncate the results displayed down to 255 characters..

chukleswk_0-1663077632448.png

SrinivasanSugumaran
8 - Asteroid

@chukleswk 
@Luke_C 
Thanks both. i tried exporting to excel .. there was no truncation.

Labels