Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data source name not found and no default driver specified

radhadevi_majeti
6 - Meteoroid

I'm trying to connect to Teradata Database, and getting connection error - Data source name not found and no default driver specified even after all the required details specified correctly.

6 REPLIES 6
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Is this happening on your Alteryx Server? This normally happens when the Alteryx Server does not have the data source set up: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Error-Data-source-name-not-found-an...

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

If this is happening on your local machine and you are opening up a workflow that someone else built, you need to have a DSN named exactly the same, or reconfigure the Input Data tool. 

radhadevi_majeti
6 - Meteoroid

Yes, its happening in my local machine and its a new workflow that I'm working on. I verified the DSN name and its looking good too.

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Can you send a screenshot of the workflow and configuration window? 

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Did you pick your data source after configuring it in the ODBC connection manager? 

BrandonB_0-1626977031225.png

radhadevi_majeti
6 - Meteoroid

After I created a data source as shown above, its working now. Thank you!

Labels