Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data preparing

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Dear all,

I want your help in that I have attached a sample excel file which contains of several columns, what I'm looking for is to design a workflow to renamed the column the the first column I want to be The package instead of "The package that you want" Also the following columns I want only the names of the days so Sunday, Monday extra and getting rid of the other words. Finally some words in the cells like (Pizza) and (Pasta) are written with two stars so I want to have the words which written in two stars and get rid of the others.

Any help in that please?

Thanks in advance for your kind support.

7 REPLIES 7
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Feras95p,

I think this is what you were trying to achieve?

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, but only one question, how do you make only *pasta* or *pizza* in the cell and remove the other words?

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I have "pasta" and "pizza" in the cells? Are you wanting the stars too? If so i've attached an updated file.

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached an updated workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

No, I'm asking how do you get only pasta and pizza. What you did to achieve that?  

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Oh i see. I used a Regex_Replace function inside the multi-field formula for all of the day column headers:

Regex_Replace([_CurrentField_], '.*?(\*.*?\*).*', '$1')

This formula extracts everything inside the first set of asterisks.

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know!

Regards,

Jonathan

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

@Jonathan-Sherman if I have in the cell 

شيفليڤري اكسبريس (طبق رئيسي + سلطة) مدة أسبوع - 100 ريال (بعد الخصم)

and I want only to have شيفليڤري اكسبريس and get rid of the other what I have to modify if this formula to achieve the target?

WasimS
8 - Asteroid

This is the simplest way to rename it.

Wasim3014_0-1618749745429.png

Labels