Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data prep for first stacked bar chart

jeffv
8 - Asteroid

All,

I did some searching but can't seem to figure out how to format data for a simple stacked bar chart.

Say for example I have the following data:

Area, Smiles, Frowns

1, 22, 56

2, 29, 2

3, 10, 0

4, 10, 70

For all my trying various combinations I can't seem to figure out how to produce a stacked bar chart.  Not sure what is considered the series.  What I'm search for on horizontal axis is the areas.  The stacked bars consist of # smiles, and # of frowns.  Seemed so simple when I started ... sigh.  Any guidance appreciated.

Jeff

12 REPLIES 12
Amy18
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Below is the chart that generated from your example. 

How can I put "960" in the center of the green bar and "455" in the center of blue bar? That is my question. Do you put the answer to this question? 

Capture.PNG

CailinS
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Amy18 - to answer your question about the labels (once you turn them on for each series), you cannot force the label to be inside the middle of the bar using standard settings in the tool. The only option related to position within the series style menu is 'offset'. The offset must be greater than or equal to 0, so it is not possible to get them to appear anywhere except to the *right* of the stack/series (you can control how far to the right of the stack/series they show up).

Cailin Swingle
Customer Experience
Amy18
8 - Asteroid

I got you.

Thanks.

Labels