Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data not output to Excel Tab

parria1
8 - Asteroid

I am having some odd behavior with Alteryx saying 4 records were output to a tab in Excel and that tab does not exist. There is no error and the it appears as though the workflow completed but the tab is not present.

The No Match tab below is not present

parria1_0-1627589322402.png

3 REPLIES 3
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @parria1 ,

Can you share your workflow ?

JoaoLeiteV
10 - Fireball

Hello @parria1,

Try checking if your output is not overwriting the File itself instead of just overwriting the sheets at each run.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I'm confused - I can't see your workflow so I have no idea what's going on - but is this output tool connected to the right anchor of your join tool? Your screen grab says that there are four unjoined right records. You output tool says it wrote 4 records. This would make sense. Your join tool says there are 7 joined records. Your other output tool says it wrote 7 records. What's the problem?

Crazy other guess - you have two output tools pointing to the same file - instead of one output tool with take filename/fullpath selected so you can print to multiple sheets from the same output tool... Is this correct? It's best practice to not write to the same file in two different tools in the same workflow unless you are batch macroing  (sometimes block until done works too)...

Labels