community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE
Alteryx Gallery is experiencing a problem in which system emails are not being sent out. As a result, if you are attempting to sign up for a new account, you may be unable to verify your email address. We are working to solve this as soon as possible and will remove this notice once resolved.
SOLVED

Data not joining correctly in my workflow.

Meteoroid

I have a workflow I am working on where I am trying to use a Join tool to join the data based on a Return ID, but it doesn't seem to be working for some reason and I am stumped. I have successfully done a similar workflow with similar data, so I'm not sure what I am doing wrong in this instance. I have included the two data sets and the piece of the workflow below.

Thanks!

Pulsar

The problem is that Dataset 1 starts with 2017i  whereas Dataset 2 starts with 2017I.

Quasar

Hi @LWHITTAKER001 

It's a fussy one. Case doesn't match in both fields. Drop a Data Cleansing tool after the data source 1, and change the Return ID to be Uppercase.

Cheers!

Esther

Pulsar

Adding an Uppercase formula sorts it out.

uppercase.png

Quasar

I wonder which is faster, the formula tool or the Data Cleansing?

Both do the same thing. Go with whatever you're more comfortable with.

image.png

Meteoroid

Thanks y'all! I went with the Data Cleansing tool as you suggested. I didn't realize how finicky it was with case since I'm a bit of a novice. Appreciate your help!

Quasar

Any time!!! Ask a question here, and you'll get lots of approaches to a solution.

If you wouldn't mind, marking our solutions as accepted is helpful for us, and for people seeking answers/seeking to help answer. Thanks!!!

Cheers,

Esther

Highlighted
Pulsar

@EstherB47, I've always overlooked that box in the Data Cleanse tool! 

I won't forget about it again!

Labels