Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data matching and Data deductions

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Currently, i am facing the roadblock of making the workflow in Alteryx for the screenshot below (presented in  Excel).

My first task was to do the matching between Data Set A and Set B for the column A and Column B. If both data match, the amount (from Set A) will minus the amount (from Set B) which will produce the result as shown below.

May i know how can i build this workflow in the Alteryx? Is there any example that you guys can show me?

Jacob_94_0-1614768008009.png

5 REPLIES 5
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @SH_94,

Is this what you are looking for?

grazitti_sapna_0-1614768804872.png

If this helps please mark it as a solution

Sapna Gupta
SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @grazitti_sapna

Yes. This is the result that i would like to have. May i know how you use the tools below ?

Can you briefly explain on how to use these tools?

Jacob_94_0-1614769072181.png

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @SH_94,

The first tool that I have used is the Join tool, you can go on the search bar on the top right corner of the Designer window and Type "join", then you can drag and drop this tool on the Canvas. Once you have done this, you need to configure this tool. Below is the screenshot of configuration:

grazitti_sapna_0-1614769443032.png

I have joined the two datasets using the "Invoice" Field and I am pulling "Amount" field from both the Data sets.

Later on I have searched for "Formula" tool  in the search window and dragged it on to the Canvas. Once it is joined with the Workflow you can take the difference of both the amounts as shown in the Screenshot below and name that field as "Amount".

grazitti_sapna_1-1614769562633.png

I hope this clears your doubts.

Sapna Gupta
SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @ grazitti_sapna

I understand on the first part for the sentence : " I have joined the two datasets using the "Invoice" Field " but i not sure how to perform the following :  "  I am pulling "Amount" field from both the Data sets." . Is this automatically pulled by system or i need to click something?

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @SH_94 ,

It is Automatically pulled.  Ihave renamed it to "Left_Amount"-left side dataset. Please see the screenshot below:

grazitti_sapna_0-1614770178345.png

Sapna Gupta
Labels