Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data load from Alteryx to SalesForce - need ability to load serial rather than parallel

brendafos
10 - Fireball

Doing a bunch of SalesForce data loading using Alteryx.

Have found that the SalesForce tool load in parallel and fails when the fields have multiple dependencies.

In SalesForce I've tested with the Bulk Load API, and it has two modes, parallel and serial.  When I do the load manually in serial the load works, but in parallel it fails 'Too many error lock failure'

Who can help with this?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@brendafos

This looks to be a SalesForce issue. Please let us know if you are still having this issue. If you have resolved the issue, please post how you solved the problem.

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
brendafos
10 - Fireball

I've got a ticket in with Salesforce and they say it is the error of the Alteryx Salesforce Output - which does not allow the ability to choose between Serial and Parallel upload.

brendafos
10 - Fireball

On the Alteryx side the fix is to build a batch macro which controls the fun of each workflow.

I've built this macro and it works great.  

But on the Salesforce side I am still having issues with the slow pace of the batches completing.

I think the issue is that the Alteryx Salesforce Output does not allow you to choose be between bulk and batch output.  It is only batch output.

In Salesforce, batch data loads are much slower than bulk.  

I will suggest to Alteryx that the Salesforce Output tool should offer a choice of bulk load.  

Labels