Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data into pre-built excel document

Danny-Farrar
8 - Asteroid

Happy Monday!

I have a problem that I don't think is possible to be solved but I'm happy to be proven wrong...

I'm running a workflow that renders a table of data. This data next needs to go into a pre-built excel document (that has some basic functions like like drop down filters/options and cell connections. Now, is there anyway to direct the data out of Alteryx and directly into where it needs to be in that excel document? Or would it have to be a case of rendering the data and then setting up some vlookups and stuff in excel separately?

The end goal is full automation but could be a stretch.

Thanks in advance,

Danny 

6 REPLIES 6
Danny-Farrar
8 - Asteroid

I changed the wording of my search and I came across what I think is the solution: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Output-to-a-specific-range-in-Excel/td...

Per
11 - Bolide

Hi,

You should be able to do it, if you name the ranges where input is needed. Take a look at this example and see if that helps?

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

First time I've done it, but the following set up appears to work,

PhilipMannering_0-1598268510541.png

Results,

PhilipMannering_1-1598268568534.png

P

Per
11 - Bolide

Hi @Danny-Farrar, did you find a good solution?

Danny-Farrar
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the responses @Per and @PhilipMannering - both got me to the first stage of where I needed to be.

From that point I still had to do some digging to reach my end goal; to export the data into different places on an already built template, and have that template reproduced and filled for each customer that I was providing data for.

I was able to do this by using the run command to replicate the template, rename it to the customer name and then using multiple specific cell exports to fill in the data - I used the method outlined here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Outputting-to-a-formatted-excel-templa...

Pretty happy with the results!! 🙂🙂

Per
11 - Bolide

Glad to hear it. The best help is often when you get an assist, but reach the summit yourself 🙂🙂🙂

Labels