Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data formatting and summarizing

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Dear all,

I have attached an excel file which contains of two sheets. The first sheet as you can see in the picture below the A and B column having the code which Identifying a company so in this sheet we have two companies. The code that Identifying the company can be either in A or B or in A and B.

The Code Column is identifying the things that the company has bought.

What I'm looking for is to have a work flow that Identifying company by company in sheet number 1 take the code of the company either from A or B columns and   search in sheet number 2 which it has a lot of companies and each company has a lot of codes (things have been bought). 

So I need to have in the output for each company for example company  

1111997630 (the company code)  has bought from this code (170620900002) (code of the product)  (250 times) starting date was 12/1/2020 ending date was 12/6/2020

then if it's bought other code should be written also with the first date last date and total item (calculated by how many time is repeated)

t.PNGsh2.PNG

1 REPLY 1
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

I think that this should do the trick. I transposed the A and B product codes to get them into the same column and then joined both streams on the company and product codes. Finally I used a summarize tool to count the number of times the product was purchased by a company as well as the min and max dates. Workflow is attached for reference. 

product analysis.png

Labels