Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data delete and append option for selective folder data

Yogi
6 - Meteoroid

Hi There,

I am new to Alteryx. I have a scenario where I have to extract Coordinates Data of building site and inserted into DB. it is working fine.
Now I have to insert 2 building data and I want to insert and update only one building data. If I use Delete and Append when inserting Data in DB than all data delete and insert only one building data. and second building data is deleting.

Instead of this I want to insert data as per the site name so if I insert only one building data than only one building data can delete and append and other building data remain same as it is.

Example:

Building Name

Location 1

Location 2

Location3

Create By

Site Name

AND

12A

YOGI

Android

AND

12A

YOGI

Android

AND

12A

YOGI

Android

IOS

12A

YOGI

Apple

IOS

23B

YOGI

Apple

IOS

23B

YOGI

Apple

AND

22D

YOGI

Android

AND

22D

YOGI

Android

AND

22D

YOGI

Android

IOS

11F

YOGI

Apple

IOS

11F

YOGI

Apple

IOS

11F

YOGI

Apple

Here I want to insert only selected building data so first delete and insert selected building data.

Thanks &Regards

Yogesh Chouksey

3 REPLIES 3
Yogi
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Aleryx Team,

Please help to understand and solve this problem 

TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Yogi 

Can you please include a copy of your workflow and what you have attempted so far?

This will help the Community to better troubleshoot where you are stuck.
Thanks!

Community Moderator
Yogi
6 - Meteoroid

Smile Thanks @TrevorS for reply.

The problem is solve.

I have created Macros for this to Delete data first before inserting data in DB.
I have use "Control Parameter"  In the Action Tool I have set "PostSQL" statement to delete data based on unique column "Site name".  

I use this Macros in My main Workflow to delete data first for this I have use "Block Until Done" so Match data delete from DB after that Main Workflow Insert new data in DB.

Regards 

Yogesh Chouksey

Labels