Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data clean td HTML, REPLACECHAR

LindaD
7 - Meteor

Can anyone help on how to get rid of these <td>. I am not familiar with Regex how would I use that. But will take anything that will help. I AM NEW to all of this..UPDATE I added the workflow

Alteryx1.JPG

16 REPLIES 16
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The easiest way to remove this is with a Formula tool. Your expression would look like this:

replace([field], '<tr>','')

LindaD
7 - Meteor

Thanks I tried that earlier and it left this and I am still having problems trying to remove the all of the stuff inside of the punctuationAlteryx1.JPG 

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

What are you trying to parse specifically?

Can you upload a "before" and "after" of the dataset?

LindaD
7 - Meteor

Sorry new to all this, I am just trying to get the numbers in the middle and all of the html stuff (letters, punctuations)out not sure..Does this help?

LindaD_0-1606851561239.png

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Try using RegEx. The following should work: <td>(\d.*)<

You can then use the data cleansing to remove the commas.

echuong1_0-1606852853667.png

LindaD
7 - Meteor

Sorry I don't know Regex and I tried that way and it did't work for me haha..so I downloaded the workflow maybe this can help? Thanks for your patience I am a begin in all of this IT world

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Are you able to upload the file? The regex I provided should work based on the screenshot.

Otherwise, I unfortunately can't really help provided the limited context.

LindaD
7 - Meteor

Yes I did post in back in the original question, no worries here it is

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You posted the .yxmd, this is just the workflow (settings). It does not contain any data. Can you upload the actual .csv?

Labels