Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data changes Tracker

micky01
7 - Meteor

I have two files

- Before Data changes
- After Data Changes

On the Before Data changes file i have list of below columns
PRODUCT PARENT ID
PRODUCT SUB CODE
CATEGORY

On the After Data changes file i have list of below columns
PRODUCT PARENT ID
PRODUCT SUB CODE
CATEGORY

On the After changes file all the Category values have been renamed to new names.

I want two out put files

first output will contain is for each Distinct PRODUCT PARENT ID what the Old Values and New Values for CATEGORY field

in the second Output file By each PRODUCT SUB CODE what the Old Values and New Values for CATEGORY field.

Attached the workflow any thoughts on how to start with would be much appreciated

10 REPLIES 10
Aidan_K
11 - Bolide

Hi @micky01 ,

Is this what your looking for?

Regards,

Aidan

edit - 

second option for link included also.

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @micky01 ,

You have to use a summarize tool to get the different values for each Product Parent ID and Product Subcode between the old and new value.

AngelosPachis_0-1611324241749.png

Then once you have that, it's just a matter of bringing back your old and new values together with a join and union to compare the old/new values.

Hope that helps,

Angelos

Aidan_K
11 - Bolide

Apologies, my suggested solution doesn't take into consideration any items that are unique to the 2nd table... e.g. parent "P4"

The correct solution is from @AngelosPachis 

micky01
7 - Meteor

Hello AidanKing,

Thank you for your quick solution and  it works.

Would you mind help me to alter the output to bring the below columns.

PRODUCT PARENT ID

PRODUCT SUB CODE

OLD_CATEGORY

NEW_CATEGORY

Thanks

Aidan_K
11 - Bolide

Hi @micky01 ,

You can add / remove (or reorder if necessary) any columns if you select any of the Join tools and then select the checkbox beside each column.

Note - Please refer to the point on the "P4" parent items (under separate comment) to be sure your happy with the outputs. 

Regards,
Aidan

micky01
7 - Meteor

Hello Angelos,

Thank you so much for your solution 

Would you mind help me to alter  and bring one output file  to bring the below columns.

PRODUCT PARENT ID

PRODUCT SUB CODE

OLD_CATEGORY

NEW_CATEGORY

Many thanks

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @micky01 ,

You can use a Join tool to bring that information of Product Sub Code from either your old or new dataset by joining on the field Product Parent ID.

AngelosPachis_0-1611326507574.png

Does that work for you?

micky01
7 - Meteor

Hello Angelos,

Would mind sharing the workflow.

Many thanks

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Here you go @micky01 

Labels